Wednesday 21 August 2013

Green Angel


This is a poem that I wrote inspired by my favourite book, Green Angel by Alice Hoffman.

~*~

Green is I, Green is my soul.
Green is my work, my heart.
I sit, lay, live quiet.
My time shall rise,
Like the moon, like the moths.
A future unfolding,
A book page turning.
Rising, rising, next age shall appear.
I wait. Patience itself unending.

Green is I, Green is my heart.
Green is my soul, my work.
I remain, I remain,
Sweet unfairness, I remain.
Sweet goodbyes soured by remain.
Ignorance. Work. Pain.
A future imploding,
A book page burning.
Closing, closing, normality evades life.
I wait. Suffering, itself, unending.

Green is I, Green is my work.
Green is my soul, my heart.
Ever quiet, ever scarred. Patience.
Ash, embers. Cleared, erased.
Moon stones, stone heart.
Towers of remorse.
A future healing,
A book page creating.
Growing, growing, I grow anew.

I wait. The light returning to the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment